While my blog is still in its infancy I thought I would take the time right at the outset to write some posts to help you get to know me a little better.
I think it’s important to get to know the person behind the blog, or in this case the pixels, as it helps to understand them and their quirks. For instance, my humour is often misunderstood and because of this I have found myself being extra careful of what I say and how I say it.
As you can imagine this makes writing quite difficult, at best. At worst it’s actually stopped me from writing because the “best bits” end up being so heavily edited they’re no longer good.
Eventually I have realised that if you get to know me and some of my quirks then my writing won’t be so, well, stunted and choppy. Instead, it can flow like a beautiful river on her way to the sea.
Yeah, I agree there shall be no more rambling, or attempts at anything resembling poetry, let’s jump right into:
10 things I wish people knew about me
- I’m shy — in fact I am almost painfully shy, even in Second Life. I hide behind cuteness, geekiness and some false bravado, but underneath it all I am a shy little kitten scared of her own shadow. This also happens to make me incredibly awkward.
- I spent time, in my early days, as a dancer — basically I know how to emote quite well. I choose to keep my emotes PG because I’m not interested in pixel sex.
- I’m sensitive — this isn’t such a stretch given I’ve done a pretty poor job of hiding it. I don’t subscribe to the “it’s weak” view of wearing your heart on your sleeve, instead I view it as one of my greatest strengths; it makes me empathic, caring and loyal.
- Solitude, I crave it — while I enjoy spending time with people and relish their happy vibes and excitement, I crave time with my own thoughts.
- Sarcasm is my BFF — I use sarcasm a lot. We understand each other. We’re basically inseparable. Don’t worry, I’ll always let you know when I am being sarcastic as I realise what sounds sarcastic to me doesn’t always translate in the written word.
- I notice more than people realise — I’m forever being asked “who told you that?” when I point out something I’ve noticed. I can see, I can read and I am really good at learning people’s inflections in their typing.
- I’m easily distracted — pretty shiny things *runs off*
- I have a lot of pet peeves — most of them I’m not very good at keeping to myself. If you’d like to witness me vent about my pet peeves feel free to follow me on Plurk.
- Romantic comedies make me sad — I’m not actually sure why but they are really depressing and just end up making me cry, a lot.
- I write most of my posts in Evernote while lying in bed, just before I’m about to fall asleep — because that’s when my brain is the most active when it comes to posts and what to write, so I write — okay type — until I fall asleep with my phone in my hand.
If you feel like answering your own 10 things you wish people knew about you, you can write your own post — don’t forget to link it in the comments — or list them in the comments.
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara v3.3 — by Onyx LeShelle
Skin: Glam Affair – Katra Skin [ Jamaica ] 2 — by Aida Ewing
Hair: Analog Dog – Lua – brunette — by Queue Marlowe
Eyes: IKON Sovereign Mesh Eyes – Field — by Ikon Innovia
Lashes: *MC* “Falsies” Mesh Alpha Lashes — by Freya Olivieri
Ears: [MANDALA]Steking EARS(unisex) — by Kikunosuke Eel
Lingerie: Zaara – Chanchal Lingerie – onyx – Maitreya appliers — by Zaara Kohime (comes with the Maitreya Body)
Pose: terra design – Pose Fair 2015 Gift — by Cutebaby Melody